Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wildonrio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
I don't. But there it is, in my garbage folder as always. Is this a bug or has it always been this way?

HackDaBox

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
It now behaves like an app and can be placed inside a folder. However it still cannot be searched for so maybe it's like a special folder rather than an app. Just to be clear you can't spotlight search for newsstand in iOS.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Nobody uses Spotlight - let alone use it to find something as useless as News Stand:p

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
Nobody uses Spotlight - let alone use it to find something as useless as News Stand:p

I use spotlight all the time as well as newsstand. Just because you don't, doesn't mean no one does.

HackDaBox

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
It is technically a folder, but it can be put in a folder.

Yes and you cannot search for folder names in IOS. It's not a bug as i first thought , you just can't search for folder names and it is a folder - but a special folder that can be placed inside another folder !

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
It's technically a folder but it also acts like an app... the whole thing is getting more complicated. Also on the iPad, the Newsstand doesn't support four finger pinch to close it, we must use the home button.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK

I still can't believe people keep saying nobody does this and nobody does that, based on their personal preferences! I use spotlight countless of times a day to quickly get things out of folders, and I am somebody.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.