Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Vym
macrumors newbie

Getting out of recovery mode without restoring - Need help!

Hi,

I've got an iphone 4S
I was upgrading from a Jailbroken version of iOS 5 to the newest version of iOS 6 and my iPhone got stuck in 'recovery mode' with the "connect to iTunes" logo. Connecting it to iTunes the only option I'm given is to restore it, but by doing so I would lose all my data. I don't have a recent backup and I'm not sure if any of my files got stored in iCloud. I really don't want to lose my stuff.
So I've looked all over the internet and tried the following:

Tinyumbrella
iRecovery
RecBoot
iREB
EasyiRecovery

None of this worked. Most of them got my iPhone rebooting a couple times just to get me back to recovery mode.

I called the Apple support and they said that the only thing I can do is restore it.

I don't really know what to do anymore. I'm sort of desperate now. The only thing I really want to save are my pictures. I've got my life stored there. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by Vym; Jun 26, 2013 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Noticed a possibly misleading title
Vym is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting