Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On Saturday Apple will unveil its latest U.S.-based Apple Store, located at the Quaker Bridge Mall near the Princeton University Campus in New Jersey.

The Quaker Bridge Mall is approximately five miles away from the campus and has more than 90 stores with several additional stores opening in the near future. Earlier this week, 9to5Mac posted some photos of the new location, which appeared to be near completion.

njapplestore.jpg
Saturday will also mark the relocation of the Legacy Village Apple Store in Cleveland, Ohio, which is moving to the Eton Chagrin Boulevard mall located four miles away. According to ifoAppleStore, the move is due to limited space at the original location.

At store openings, Apple typically hands out commemorative T-shirts to the first 1,000 customers. Both the Quaker Bridge store and the Eton store are set to open at 10 a.m. on Saturday and Apple has already begun accepting reservations for workshops and Genius Bar appointments.

Article Link: Apple to Open Princeton Retail Store on June 29

8ate8

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2010
Central Jersey
About time they're opening another in Jersey. Considering the population of this state, there's not that many around. OK, well maybe there are, but we NJ'ers are used to driving less than 10 minutes for anything! :)

Zweben

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2004
I'm pretty excited; the nearest Apple store was always an hour drive from me, this will be a ten minute drive. I hope it's a decent size, but even a tiny one would be an improvement.

tdstom

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
Pasadena, CA
Princeton Apple Store

Golly, it's about time. But Quakerbridge is a horrible mall. Been falling apart for the last 20 years now.

The next nearest Apple store was over an hour away!!

Tom

ignar

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2013
Among all the malls Apple sotres are located, this could be the worst. ;) That said, they have been working on renovation lately, and having one more Apple store nearby is always a plus. Looking forward to visiting the store soon.

jglonek

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2012
Golly, it's about time. But Quakerbridge is a horrible mall. Been falling apart for the last 20 years now.

Tom

I haven't been living in the area for two years now but when I first posted on Facebook about this with the same mindset as you a few people told me the mall has been turning around lately and is more upscale. I'd have to see it to believe it, but yeah.

I still remember Woolworth, Natural Wonders and the kiddie rides in the middle of the mall.

Zweben

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2004
I haven't been living in the area for two years now but when I first posted on Facebook about this with the same mindset as you a few people told me the mall has been turning around lately and is more upscale. I'd have to see it to believe it, but yeah.

I still remember Woolworth, Natural Wonders and the kiddie rides in the middle of the mall.

It's true, they are definitely renovating it. They just replaced the big sign out front as well. They have a lot of work to do, but if they keep it up, it will actually be quite nice.

Doombringer

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2012

The next nearest Apple store was over an hour away!!

Tom

They've renovated pretty much the entire mall. It's in much better shape now.

Having an Apple Store is a pretty big win for them, too. It'll be nice to have one in the area.

blitzer09x87

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
apple please open a store near my residence.:( it takes about 40-50 minutes to reach the nearest apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.