Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:51 PM   #1
ewoh24
macrumors regular

Deleting Open Directory Master

It appears my Open Directory Master in 10.8.3 is hosed. WHat happens if I delete it and create a new one with the exact same accounts, passwords etc...Will that avoid any issues that may occur? I have email set up for accounts. How will that be affected?
ewoh24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2013, 09:02 AM   #2
apfelkiste2013
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoh24 View Post
It appears my Open Directory Master in 10.8.3 is hosed. WHat happens if I delete it and create a new one with the exact same accounts, passwords etc...Will that avoid any issues that may occur? I have email set up for accounts. How will that be affected?
Hi,

I once deleted my od master and recreated it by hand. It was just a few accounts and groups that needed to be recreated, but all in all it worked well. You have to check permissions after recreating all these accounts. I'm not running email on these accounts, so I can't help you with this. If possible, do backups regularly or create a (virtual) OS X OD replica, so you have a running, valid copy of the od database in your network.

Good luck,
Jens
apfelkiste2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2013, 07:46 AM   #3
Les Kern
macrumors 68030

This is a proven way to fix some OD errors. I have used it many times over the years, never had any issues at all. Mileage may vary. And if it's hosed, you have nothing to lose anyway.
Les Kern is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Tags
mail, mountain lion server, open directory