Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qtip919

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Does anyone know if it is possible to play itunes videos and broadcast the sound into the speakers via airtunes?

I play all of my music from my powerbook in to my home audio system, and I LOVE some of the versions of the music that are in the videos I have purchased (see: Original of the Species by U2)...

The problem is that once a video song comes on, the music switches back to my laptop speakers making for a terrible end-user experience...

This lack of functionality really lends speculation to the idea that Apple is developing a video capable Airport Express...

qtip919

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Brilliant!!!

It works!!!

I have been looking for an app that can do this for months...had no idea Airfoil existed

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
qtip919 said:
Brilliant!!!

It works!!!

I have been looking for an app that can do this for months...had no idea Airfoil existed

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

With AirFoil, can you watch a Video, but send the audio to more than 1 express?

Thanks

doug.hall

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2005
London
When you used airfoil did you not find the picture and sound were out of sync? Thats what I found when I used it. If not then thats great news and they must have fixed that problem.

Doug

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
doug.hall said:
When you used airfoil did you not find the picture and sound were out of sync? Thats what I found when I used it. If not then thats great news and they must have fixed that problem.

Doug

I hear it works well with VLC

marknicholls

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2004
Bristol, England
ey Guys

Before i buy a mac mini, i wanna make sure i can use VLC to play music videos, and stream to 3 or more express's with the audio and video staying in sync, can anyone confirm if airfoil and VLC will work well in this situation?

Many Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.