Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jun 26, 2013, 02:26 PM   #1
pecop
macrumors newbie

Rogen and company?s career all the way back to

And those who have followed Rogen and company?s career all the way back to Freaks and Geeks

Having a ridiculous, overblown argument about masturbation protocol and Seth Rogen and Jay Baruchel working through emotionally charged issues of broken friendships and arrested adolescence. ( Download This is the End Movie ) Rogen co-writes and co-directs the film with his longtime creative partner Evan Goldberg ? the duo are best known for Superbad and Pineapple Express, though this is their directorial debut ? and they make it clear, right off the bat, that this film shall be a near-equal blend of absurdity and pathos. It opens with Seth Rogen picking up Jay Baruchel from the airport; both play heightened versions of themselves, as all actors in the film do, and while jokes stemming from this conceit immediately play an important part, what matters first is establishing the strained relationship the two actors share.
Watch After Earth Online | Pretty Little Liars Season 4 Episode 3 | Watch Spring Breakers Online | Watch The Purge Online | Watch The Heat Online | Watch I m So Excited Online | Watch The Hangover 3 Online | Watch Man of Steel Online | Watch World War Z Online | Watch Star Trek Into Darkness Online | Watch Now You See Me Online | Big Brother Season 15 Episode 1 | Watch This is the End Online | Watch Fast and Furious 6 Online | Watch Monsters University Online | Watch White House Down Online | Watch The Great Gatsby Online

But even those who come in absolutely cold will be won over

but they have grown very far apart, and while Seth tries to make Jay?s visit to Los Angeles as pleasant as possible, he does not quite know how to connect with Jay anymore. Jay, for his part, cannot communicate his own feelings, so when Seth suggests they attend a wild party at James Franco?s house, Seth is unable to understand Jay?s reluctance. ( Watch This is the End Online ) It is important that the film ground itself in these basic human terms right from the start, because as soon as Seth and Jay arrive at Franco?s place, things get very silly very fast. A seemingly endless supply of celebrities is in attendance, all playing wildly self-deprecating or fantastical versions of themselves, and the results are uproariously audacious. Faces like Jason Segel, Aziz Ansari, Paul Rudd, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Kevin Hart, Rihanna, Emma Watson and, best of all, a narcissistic, oversexed, cocaine-addicted version of Michael Cera all make appearances, and Rogen and Goldberg make sure each of them get big, clever
Watch After Earth Movie | Watch Spring Breakers Movie | Watch The Purge Movie | Big Brother Season 15 Episode 1 | Watch The Heat Movie | Watch I m So Excited Movie | Watch The Hangover 3 Movie | Watch Man of Steel Movie | Watch World War Z Movie | Watch Star Trek Into Darkness Movie | Watch Now You See Me Movie | Watch This is the End Movie | Watch Fast and Furious 6 Movie | Watch Monsters University Movie | Watch White House Down Movie | Watch The Great Gatsby Movie

This is nevertheless a strikingly tight piece of writing and production

But the main characters are played by Rogen, Franco, Baruchel, Craig Robertson, Jonah Hill, and Danny McBride, the six of whom wind up stranded at Franco?s house after massive earthquakes and raging fires begin tearing Los Angeles apart. As zany as the party of clashing celebrity personalities might be, the film only gets loopier once the apocalypse gets underway, and these six dim-witted comedians, all of whom have real-life and fictional history together, must struggle to survive in James Franco?s gorgeous luxury home as giant horned monsters stalk the surrounding neighborhood. ( Download This is the End Movie ) That I can actually write that sentence is a big part of why I enjoy This is the End as much as I do. The film is absolutely unafraid to go big, to be as vulgar, over-the-top, violent, or downright silly as possible in service of a laugh. For the most part, the jokes land hard and fast, and even outside the big comic set-pieces or attention-grabbing moments of vulgarity, there are dozens of smaller, subtler gags permeating every last frame, and plenty of smart, subtle humor ingrained into character history and interactions.
Watch After Earth Online Free | Watch Spring Breakers Online Free | Watch The Purge Online Free | Big Brother Season 15 Episode 1 | Watch The Heat Online Free | Watch I m So Excited Online Free | Watch The Hangover 3 Online Free | Watch Man of Steel Online Free | Watch World War Z Online Free | Watch Star Trek Into Darkness Online Free | Watch Now You See Me Online Free | Watch This is the End Online Free | Watch Fast and Furious 6 Online Free | Watch Monsters University Online Free | Watch White House Down Online Free | Watch The Great Gatsby Online Free

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod