Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
This made my blood boil, I recently sold an item on eBay and clearly stated that the listing is only for the Device Phone Only and Box only.... this was dune about 3 weeks ago, the buyer decided to contact me today demanding a new charger..... because the one I sent was used and it broke... Keep in mind the listing did not Include the charger to being with I sent it as an extra and now you want a new one? and went ahead and left negative feedback before I even responded to his message , I contacted eBay and according to them the feedback system is an opinion based system...?!!:confused:

the buyer left this feedback' I paid for new one, he sent me used' very broad and can be interpreted in the wrong way by potential buyers, hinting the phone was used.... it wasn't, if it was the logical thing to do would've been to file a case with eBay/PayPal, I spoke to 2 different eBay reps , one was a supervisor and I got the same scripted answer,rude, unwelcoming reps, is there anyway I can contact a different rep/supervisor here in the states....... this is very unfair

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
The eBay feedback system seems to be becoming a "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all" type of deal. It seems very much like they want everyone to have 100% feedback, which defeats the purpose of having a feedback system.

Hell, if the item you've bought has free shipping, eBay automatically gives it a 5* on that part of the feedback, and it can't be changed (not that free ISN'T reasonable, but you get the idea). Also if you start leaving negative feedback, it suggests contacting the seller first, to see if they can resolve the issue and get positive feedback.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I was and still am angry when eBay decided that sellers could not rate buyers. Total BS. I'm using eBay much less today then 5 years ago.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Some buyers are just awful, they must leave a trail of angry stressed sellers in their wake.

The fact you cant rate them down now too is just maddening.

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
I had no idea you can't rate the buyer lol, I wanted to go ahead and leave him negative feedback.............. either positive or I'll leave feedback later lol I just reported the buyer, this is awful Craiglist is filled with spammers and now eBay is just disgusting in cases like this:mad:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I was and still am angry when eBay decided that sellers could not rate buyers. Total BS. I'm using eBay much less today then 5 years ago.

For selling that makes two of us. I usually only by a few things a month but I used to have items for sale all the time. In the last few years I have only sold one or two things.

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
This made my blood boil, I recently sold an item on eBay and clearly stated that the listing is only for the Device Phone Only and Box only...... Keep in mind the listing did not Include the charger to being with I sent it as an extra and now you want a new one?

Sorry, but that wasn't a smart move.

You were NOT selling something, but you shipped it ?

Of course the buyer thought he "bought" it.

-t

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
Sorry, but that wasn't a smart move.

You were NOT selling something, but you shipped it ?

Of course the buyer thought he "bought" it.

-t

I think you misunderstood , I had an item for Sale , someone bought it paid for it and now is complaining that I did not send him I charger for the Phone ( My listing explicitly stated Just Phone and Box)

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
I think you misunderstood , I had an item for Sale , someone bought it paid for it and now is complaining that I did not send him I charger for the Phone ( My listing explicitly stated Just Phone and Box)

Uhm, yeah, your post is quite confusaing.

Keep in mind the listing did not Include the charger to being with I sent it as an extra and now you want a new one?

So you didn't send a charger, but you sent a charger as an extra ? :confused:

-t

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
I have essentially stopped selling on eBay.

My favourite maddening feedback story was a number of years ago that I won a bid on an old PowerBook. This was before PayPal so the seller sent me his address to send a check. I did, but a week later the post office bounced it back to me "return to sender". I double-checked the address with the seller and sent it again. Again, it came back. I did it a third time, and unbelievably, it bounced again.

Meanwhile, the seller kept asking "where's my money?" I just about exploded, ready to scan a photo of the returned envelopes, sent to the address he gave me. Finally he decided to relist it. I wanted to leave neutral feedback saying, well, it didn't work out. He shot back that he was very patient and blah-blah-blah and if I didn't leave a positive feedback, he'd leave a negative in return for failing to send payment.

I was essentially blackmailed into giving him a positive feedback for a transaction that never occurred.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Use Amazon for buying and selling..

I tend to use amazon for selling when i can as its much quicker but I've had idiot buyers on there too. No where is safe!

I had a guy buy a used DVR and then complain about it not being new.... You'd think the big used button and the words used in the description would be a clue, but apparently not.

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
Uhm, yeah, your post is quite confusaing.

So you didn't send a charger, but you sent a charger as an extra ? :confused:

-t

The listing did not include a charger I never hinted a charger was included , I found one around the house and decided wth I'll send him this to use

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
No good deed ever goes unpunished...:p

;)

That was sort of my point.

Don't send something tht you didn't sell. The buyer will think he "bought" it, and demand it should work.

-t

----------

The listing did not include a charger I never hinted a charger was included , I found one around the house and decided wth I'll send him this to use

That's exactly what I understood you did. Re-read my post above.

-t

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.