Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Back in April, Twitter launched its new #music app, using Twitter trends to select songs from popular and emerging artists on the social networking service.

Twitter #music has received its first major update that adds several new features, including genres. Previously, #music was organized into lists that included popular hits and emerging music, but now, #music users can select from several different genres to listen to, including Alternative, Country, Dance, Electronic, Folk, Hip-Hop, Metal, Pop, R&B, and Rock.

twittermusic.jpg
The app has also gained five new charts that users can choose from: Superstars, Popular, Emerging, Unearthed, and Hunted. The added choices can be accessed via the charts section of the app in the top menu bar or by swiping left on the screen.

In addition to adding genres, the new version also fixes a number of bugs and fixes the way Rdio authentication works.
What's new

Genres! Get hip-hoppy or get your metal on or get your dance beats grooving with Twitter #music genres! Tons of genres plus Superstars, Popular, Emerging, Unearthed and Hunted charts.

This build also includes:
- Fixes for some scenarios that could cause tracks to be unavailable.
- Rdio authentication now happens in-app, rather than kicking you out to Safari.
- We have stomped many bugs so that you don't have to.
Twitter #music can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Twitter Music App Updated with Genres, New Charts

Eddie2013

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2013
Seems like an awesome update but it simply crashes on me once the app gets to the main screen

beaniemyman

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
twitter's music app is is really buggy and slow, would love to see a smoother and faster version.

Eddie2013

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2013
Yeah I actually do, that's why I tried to sound the least hateful as possible. Nonetheless I found a workaround, simply swipe the screen quickly when it opens and the app won't crash (doesn't work all the time)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.