Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
If I change my carrier with custom carrier editor (like i changed it to my name) and I am roaming in a different country will it show the roaming carrier or will it show my name?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
When u did this... did the editor showed u all available choices? like

AT&T
TMOBILE
etc

Then since you use AT&T (for example) you changed AT&T to YOUR_NAME. If that's the case then YOUR_NAME will only show up if you are talking to an AT&T tower.

If that's not the case, then *maybe* YOUR_NAME is permanent.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
When u did this... did the editor showed u all available choices? like

AT&T
TMOBILE
etc

Then since you use AT&T (for example) you changed AT&T to YOUR_NAME. If that's the case then YOUR_NAME will only show up if you are talking to an AT&T tower.

If that's not the case, then *maybe* YOUR_NAME is permanent.

Please don't respond if you don't know what you're talking about. Only respond with a definite answer, you just proved you know as much about this topic as the OP does.

The answer is no, it will only change AT&T to your name. If you go to the UK and roam on Orange (I'm not even sure AT&T is partnered with them as their UK carrier, but this is just an example), it will show up as Orange, not your name. But the second your phone connects to an AT&T tower when you return from your trip, it will show your name.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
Please don't respond if you don't know what you're talking about. Only respond with a definite answer, you just proved you know as much about this topic as the OP does.

The answer is no, it will only change AT&T to your name. If you go to the UK and roam on Orange (I'm not even sure AT&T is partnered with them as their UK carrier, but this is just an example), it will show up as Orange, not your name. But the second your phone connects to an AT&T tower when you return from your trip, it will show your name.

Are you sure of this! And thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.