Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Jun 29, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1
tjdaugherty
macrumors newbie

iPhone photo workflow

I just purchased a new MacBook Air, and I am trying to develop a workflow for my photos taken on my iPhone. Does anyone have thoughts on what is best for strictly iPhone photo management/light editing... Aperture or Lightroom?
tjdaugherty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2013, 05:42 PM   #2
flynz4
macrumors 68030

Here is my smart-ass comment.

I do import 100% of our (myself & wife) iPhone photos into Aperture... but truthfully... they are pretty much ignored.

I have projects for "Jim's iPhone" and "Deb's iPhone". Once in a blue moon there is something in there I want and will move it to a more appropriate Aperture project... but mostly they are junk.

Other than importing to Aperture and then ignoring... our real workflow is to take pictures with the iPhone, and either email them to friends or family or post to facebook... all from the iPhone.

I know there are others who use an iPhone for serious (or semi-serious) photography. I guess that I'm not one of them.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:32 PM   #3
glenthompson
macrumors Demi-God

I use iPhoto and just import the pix the same as I do with my Nex-7. Some I keep, some I delete as they were just reference - pix of a sign I wanted to look up more info later. My iPhone's camera is better than my first digital camera.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 02:47 AM   #4
Apple fanboy
macrumors 601

I just import than into iPhoto using photo stream. I pretty much do nothing with them on my iMac. Mostly because even a photo that looks okay on my iPhone screen looks horrible when its made any bigger.
Like above a lot of my photos (or snaps) are really just picture messages for me. I email them to my parents, who on a good day might recieve and open them! Lets just say the digital age passed them over!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 08:37 PM   #5
flynz4
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenthompson View Post
I use iPhoto and just import the pix the same as I do with my Nex-7. Some I keep, some I delete as they were just reference - pix of a sign I wanted to look up more info later. My iPhone's camera is better than my first digital camera.
OK... you shamed me into filing them. I've gone into my iPhone picture and started moving them to projects... just like with any other camera.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography