|Jun 30, 2013, 09:13 AM||#1|
Buying new MB Air - known issues
Hi, so, are there only these two known issues with new macbook air?
1. WiFI problems - dropping connections and switching to n instead of ac after sleep
- can anyone running Mavericks developers preview confirm this problem is gone with Mavericks, or not?
- or, if anyone with new MB air participates in that voluntary apple seed program, does that tested update resolves the issue, or not?
2. display flickering with some applications (adobe PS, parallels, vm ware)
- again, does it occur under OS X Mavericks?
Simply, can anyone confirm this is just SW issue that will be easily solved, or it may be HW issue and my potential brand new mb air will be crippled?
Are there any other known issues?
|Jun 30, 2013, 09:29 AM||#2|
Those two seem to be the issues mentioned most here on the forums. I suspect both will be fixable with a firmware update. There is already a test update out for the wifi issue, and forum members are reporting the fix worked.
|Jun 30, 2013, 09:31 AM||#3|
Most likely the wifi is a software issue. The flickering I know was reported as a problem in PS, but it seems isolated. I think the real only issue is wifi that would concern me. Otherwise, I buy machines and don't search for issues like some people.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Selling Mid-2011 11" Air 1.6Ggz buying mid-2013 13" Air 1.3Ghz worth it?||dctonova||MacBook Air||11||Oct 7, 2013 08:46 AM|
|Buying a air want to know if...||Osomacuser||Buying Tips and Advice||3||Jun 25, 2013 02:00 AM|
|Any issues with buying a MBA in the US for use in the UK?||mstruve||MacBook Air||10||Jun 12, 2013 09:54 PM|
|buying a macbook air help||jezss||MacBook Air||6||Sep 5, 2012 03:46 PM|
|Thinking of buying an Air||Marguz||MacBook Air||6||Jun 20, 2012 05:09 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.