Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Jun 30, 2013, 02:48 PM   #1
smithrh
macrumors 68020

Has the time to be logged out been lowered?

I seem to be automatically logged out fairly often these days... was the timer/cookie/whatever adjusted downwards recently?

I ask as I had a post I had worked on for maybe 20-30 minutes, and when I hit "submit new thread" I was told I was not logged in. I then tried the back button so I could copy what I had written, but no luck, post is gone.

Should I have just logged in, would that have preserved what I wrote?
smithrh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:14 PM   #2
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrh View Post
I seem to be automatically logged out fairly often these days... was the timer/cookie/whatever adjusted downwards recently?

I ask as I had a post I had worked on for maybe 20-30 minutes, and when I hit "submit new thread" I was told I was not logged in. I then tried the back button so I could copy what I had written, but no luck, post is gone.

Not sure about any changes, but that's annoying and a major bummer, and has happened to me too. Even when logged in, I always open new windows if needing to review other stuff, cause when using the back-button, everything seems to be gone. I'm still running SL, and for anything of any length, once in a while I copy what I've got onto my desktop, just in case.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:19 PM   #3
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrh View Post

I don't know if you're comfotable with this option, but if you check "Remember Me'" (or whatever the box says under the Log In spaces), you are never logged out automatically.

I have the box checked and have never encountered the problem.

Again...I don't know if you might have some reason to not check the box.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 06:23 PM   #4
smithrh
macrumors 68020

Shrink, that may do the trick, it was unchecked. I don't remember un-checking it at any point though.

I do clear all cookies when quitting Safari, but I've been doing that for years now.

Weird.
smithrh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2013, 02:19 PM   #5
tonyr6
macrumors 6502

At least it is not as bad as one site I visit where I am sometimes logged out after a few hours even after telling it to remember me. I don't go there much because of that.
tonyr6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback