Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:46 PM   #1
ghetto1
macrumors newbie

iOS 7 and Genius Bar Appointment

Hello.

I have a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow for a battery draining issue. I've been before for the same thing and they told me that it's a software issue and to restore and set up as a new phone. I did that. The battery still drained.

I downloaded iOS 7 when it first came out, because someone signed me on their developer account list after I gave them my UDID. iOS 7 is glitchy as expected, and drains my battery drains. I even restored as a new phone yet again.

When I go tomorrow, will there be a problem because I have iOS 7? I don't want them to be "revert back to iOS 6" because I really don't have time for that.

Help please!
ghetto1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2
NT1440
macrumors G3

They won't support you if you're running iOS7 and aren't a developer.
NT1440 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:49 PM   #3
Lunfai
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto1 View Post
Hello.

I have a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow for a battery draining issue. I've been before for the same thing and they told me that it's a software issue and to restore and set up as a new phone. I did that. The battery still drained.

I downloaded iOS 7 when it first came out, because someone signed me on their developer account list after I gave them my UDID. iOS 7 is glitchy as expected, and drains my battery drains. I even restored as a new phone yet again.

When I go tomorrow, will there be a problem because I have iOS 7? I don't want them to be "revert back to iOS 6" because I really don't have time for that.

Help please!
Don't waste your and their time by having iOS 7, they will tell you to restore back and book another appointment. I know you might have battery drain issues either way, but they do not have support for devices running a beta OS, hence they will advise you to downgrade and book another appointment.
Lunfai is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:50 PM   #4
siurpeeman
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to siurpeeman
if you're going to keep ios 7 on your phone, one of two things will happen: either the genius will refuse to give you support outright or he'll point to that as the cause for your battery drain. if you don't have time to revert to ios 6, cancel your appointment until you have the time.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:53 PM   #5
ghetto1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by siurpeeman View Post
if you're going to keep ios 7 on your phone, one of two things will happen: either the genius will refuse to give you support outright or he'll point to that as the cause for your battery drain. if you don't have time to revert to ios 6, cancel your appointment until you have the time.
thank you guys.

how long does it take?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:55 PM   #6
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

How do you "not have time"? Plug it into your computer, restore it, walk away and do whatever is keeping you so busy, and come back.

OR, do all this before bed, when you wake up you have a restored phone.

My feeling is you are not a dev, got iOS7 illegitimately, and don't quite know how to revert to iOS6.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:59 PM   #7
ghetto1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
How do you "not have time"? Plug it into your computer, restore it, walk away and do whatever is keeping you so busy, and come back.

My feeling is you are not a dev, got iOS7 illegitimately, and don't quite know how to revert to iOS6.
My feeling is you are judgmental, make assumptions, and don't quite know what you're talking about.

Last edited by ghetto1; Jun 30, 2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 05:13 PM   #8
Paddle1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post

They meant that there isn't really time to go to the appointment only to be turned away, simply for having iOS 7.
Quote:
My feeling is you are judgmental, make assumptions, and don't quite know what you're talking about.
I think it's just a misunderstanding. You should probably go back to iOS 6 just to be safe.

Also, here is a link to a similar thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1603217

Last edited by Paddle1; Jun 30, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
Paddle1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 05:27 PM   #9
ghetto1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddle1 View Post
They meant that there isn't really time to go to the appointment only to be turned away, simply for having iOS 7.

I think it's just a misunderstanding. You should probably go back to iOS 6 just to be safe.

Also, here is a link to a similar thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1603217
thank you so much for your help!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 01:31 AM   #10
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Or... it is simply inexplicable that you don't have time to restore your phone before bringing it in. And you know what? They will tell you the same thing.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 02:12 PM   #11
ET iPhone Home
macrumors 68000

I'm so busy, I can't read anymore.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 02:19 PM   #12
Carlanga
macrumors 603

go to the genius bar appointment, there they will give you the iOS7 Gold Master FW so that all your battery problems will go away and you can enjoy iOS 7 the way is meant to be before anyone else. Just tell them that you don't understand why a beta drains your battery...

/not really/
Old Jul 3, 2013, 04:21 PM   #13
buryfan
macrumors newbie

They will not help you if you have ios 7 installed was on macrumors the other day, downgrade simples
buryfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 09:23 PM   #14
tekkifi
macrumors member

Ya, you're going to need to downgrade..

MBP 13", iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 4 64GB
tekkifi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 04:16 AM   #15
joshdammit
macrumors regular

Quote:
I notice you didn't exactly refute his claim, though.
joshdammit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 04:26 AM   #16
aimee.elizabeth
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Hello.

Help please!
Pretty much like everyone else said, revert back to 6.1.4 and see if your battery still has problems, if so then it's hardware and you should take it to the Apple store with 6.1.4. If you go over to the dedicated ios 7 forum, there are threads about how to improve your battery life while you're on the beta. If you can't live with these beta issues and need a stable OS, then I suggest you revert back and wait until later betas or the final release.
aimee.elizabeth is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone