Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Jun 30, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1
the8thark
macrumors 68040

What is the best way to contact a forum moderator?

I would like to know what the best way to contact a forum moderator is. I have tried to PM them but the ones I have tried to PM have accepting PM's turned off. (I can understand why this is). I just have something I would like a second opinion on from a moderator if that is possible.

And before anyone asks, this issue can not be talked about on the forums. So what's why I ask.
I also have tried the contact us form (Of which which the link) is at the bottom of the page. But I really need a second opinion. I fear if I use the "contact us" link I'll just send the message to the same MacRumors staff member and get the same response I have already received again.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
I would like to know what the best way to contact a forum moderator is. I have tried to PM them but the ones I have tried to PM have accepting PM's turned off. (I can understand why this is). I just have something I would like a second opinion on from a moderator if that is possible.

And before anyone asks, this issue can not be talked about on the forums. So what's why I ask.
If you question or issue is related to a particular post, use the Post Report button (the red triangle with the "!" in it below the user name. That will go to the Moderation Team.

If the issue is a more general issue or problem, use the "Contact Us" form, which will go to the Administrators. The "Contact Us" is in the blue bar at the bottom of the page.

Since you can't discuss this on the open forum, that's the best I can do as far as to which to use.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 06:27 PM   #3
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

How to contact the moderators and administrators
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 06:31 PM   #4
the8thark
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
If you question or issue is related to a particular post, use the Post Report button (the red triangle with the "!" in it below the user name. That will go to the Moderation Team.

If the issue is a more general issue or problem, use the "Contact Us" form, which will go to the Administrators. The "Contact Us" is in the blue bar at the bottom of the page.

Since you can't discuss this on the open forum, that's the best I can do as far as to which to use.
Thank you. I can try the "contact us" link again I guess. And hopefully a different staff member reads the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Thank you. I read something in that link that will be very helpful.

[edit] I have used the "contact us" link again. And hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Last edited by the8thark; Jun 30, 2013 at 06:54 PM.
the8thark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:01 PM   #5
annk
Administrator

A contact message is indeed the correct way to go. Sending a contact ensures that your query is sent to a place all mods and admins have access, and it makes initiating discussion and documentation much less time-consuming than with a PM message.

Contacts are read and handled within a week or less as a general rule (on any given day there can be many contacts), so don't expect an answer faster than that.

If the issue demands more investigation or discussion, you'll be notified that the answer will take longer.
annk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 08:50 PM   #6
Mr. Retrofire
macrumors 601

Quote:
What is the best way to contact a forum moderator?
Beat him/her with a baseball bat?
Mod ->

100 % assured contact. Instant results! Guaranteed.

If you want real anwers, read the other replies, thanks!

“Only the dead have seen the end of the war.”
-- Plato --
Mr. Retrofire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 07:13 AM   #7
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
I would like to know what the best way to contact a forum moderator is.

Maybe not the best way but the quickest way is to start a thread about moderation in this forum.
rdowns is offline   7 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback