Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jun 30, 2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Tissue Paper
macrumors member

Resized Game Window & Can't Reach Bottom of It. Help Please.

Hi.

I did something very stupid and I need help. I downloaded The Night of the Rabbit (game) and I usually like to play my games windowed on a 13" Macbook. In the game option I enabled the "windowed" option but randomly chose the game's window size because frankly put I don't understand measurements so I chose something between the 1000+. Now everytime I open the game, I only see the big fonts of the title and everything else is hidden below my screen. I can't resize the window because I can't reach the option button.

I tried looking under the Application Support files to delete the files and return them to their default settings but there is no file that corresponds to this game in my Application Support. Might be worth mentioning I haven't played the game yet so there's nothing saved.

I tried deleting the game and downloading it again but it retained the old windowed settings and nothing changed.

Please help.
Tissue Paper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 06:02 PM   #2
doh123
macrumors 65816

no idea on that game... it might have a .plist in Preferences that keeps the size? Thats where it would normally go, not in Application Support.
doh123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 06:10 PM   #3
Tissue Paper
macrumors member

Which Preferences, you mean system preferences? There are no folders there related to the game (?).
Old Jun 30, 2013, 08:25 PM   #4
doh123
macrumors 65816

there is another folder called Preferences along with Application Support... it will not usually have a folder in it, but a file {something}.plist that is for your game. Usually you can trash those and get the game reset.

Of course it may be stored somewhere else, or inside the app itself.
doh123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2013, 01:50 AM   #5
Tissue Paper
macrumors member

It worked!!! Thank you so much. I searched for the game in the library folder. It was under the video game developer's name and not the game. That's why I couldn't find it. I deleted the .plist file like you said and it went back to its default setting.

Thank you so much!

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games