Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone46

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Hello. I notice that my iPhone 5 is starting to bend a slight bit(not noticeable unless you look close) around the volume buttons. The screen clicks near the area and is slowly starting to not respond to touches. Do you think Apple will replace the whole phone? There is a scuff on the corner but the phone has NOT been dropped. Thank you!

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
I would say no. The phone didn't bend by itself, and unless you can prove that it came from the manufacturer this way they'll say that this is a user created problem. Thus not covered under warranty.

iphone46

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
I would say no. The phone didn't bend by itself, and unless you can prove that it came from the manufacturer this way they'll say that this is a user created problem. Thus not covered under warranty.

After doing some research this actually appears to be a common problem so I'm still going to the store. However, I can see what your saying so I'm not holding my breath.

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
There is a way to fix the bend if you use a clamp and some wood.
Once you fix that, and the screen still doesn't work, replace the screen (Apple does it for $149, some other company does it for $129)

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
After doing some research this actually appears to be a common problem so I'm still going to the store. However, I can see what your saying so I'm not holding my breath.

Hey, I'm all for giving it a shot. See what turns up. Who knows. lol
But I'm just thinking logically is all. Hope it works out well for you.

3rd Rock

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
Over here

Common means it happens a lot.....

It's not a common problem. People put the iphone in their pants, sitting down which can, yes, can bend it, and that can happen whether its the back pocket or even the front pocket. The iPhone 5 is made of aluminum. Its not a common problem at all. Only a hand full by my reading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.