Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
I found a file on the Mac once, SL, that had the pics from Safari and sites visited. Is there one folder with pics downloaded from last week or so, as trying to find something, without trawling through masses of other rubbish.

I went to, Library > Caches > Metadata > Safari > History

but it only showed the http links, and not images?

Is there an easier way to go through pics downloaded from Safari or at least a folder that you can view images in. I remember once they were in sections rather than full images too?

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks, I'm sure that's what I found last time, broken down parts of pages, but wondered if there was a cache that had the whole pics alone, like they used to have on the dreaded Windows caches. This shows parts of the pages and parts of the pictures, and also shrunken down versions

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
From Safari's History menu, choose Show All History.

It will show a list arranged by date below the "cover flow" view. If you know what day you looked at the picture, start there. Select the expandable item for that date, expand it, and start looking.

You can move through one day's history using up/down arrow on the list items, or you can move the slider in the "cover flow" view.

If Safari no longer has a picture in its cache, then you'll see a blank in the view. You can note those URLs and look at them anew.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks for your answer. But it's because the site owner inadvertently removed the shots we need, and are no longer live. That's why I need them from a cache, if one even exists showing whole images? And history only goes back 7 days in there I think. The cache obviously goes back a lot more.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
So guys, is there really no history on a Mac with pics from Safari anywhere in SL?

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
So I've really found the one thing that Windows has over the Mac then.... A folder full of intact pics from the browser history. Who knew? Still don't believe it doesn't exist on a Mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.