after sharing project to itunes, what do you do with the project - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:47 PM   #1
halfmonkey
macrumors regular

after sharing project to itunes, what do you do with the project

I previously asked a question about sharing and I was able to figure out the answer to my question but now I'm wondering, after I share my project to iTunes, can I delete the projectin iMovie without messing up the edited movie or the original? It seems that after I share the edited movie with iTunes, it still shows in the project area of iMovie and so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do with it since it's not a "project" anymore and I'm done with it.
halfmonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

Yes it's still a Project and you can go back and re-edit if you wish. If you can't see yourself ever doing this, then you can delete it.

If you do delete it then you'll still have all the original footage in the Events Browser.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 02:24 PM   #3
halfmonkey
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Braine View Post
Yes it's still a Project and you can go back and re-edit if you wish. If you can't see yourself ever doing this, then you can delete it.

If you do delete it then you'll still have all the original footage in the Events Browser.
If I'm done with the project and share it to iTunes, where does iMovie keep the edited file? I'm asking because I can't seem to figure out how to "save as." I'd like to move the edited video off of my hdd and onto an external disk if possible. I currently have all imported video saved on an external drive with the archived copy saved to a different extenral drive. I'm doing this to save space on my computer.

Can anybody that knows, share what options I may have to get the edited video to an external hdd?
halfmonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

Quote:
where does iMovie keep the edited file?
It should be in your Home Folder>Movies>iMovie Projects.

All you Projects should be in there. The Project files are Package Files. To see inside them, Right/Ctrl click to open the one you want. Inside, should be a Movie folder with your edited video in it. Just drag it to you external drive.

Quote:
Can anybody that knows, share what options I may have to get the edited video to an external hdd?
Patience young Glasshopper.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:37 PM   #5
rmjryost
macrumors newbie

deleting iMovie Projects & Events

Your iMovie saves your edited and shared movies in user/Movies/iMovie Sharing. As far as I know, once you complete your movie and share and never have any intention of re-editing, you can delete your iMovie Events and iMovie Projects.
rmjryost is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video