Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frankgutta15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
okay so i had a guy try to update my macbook from 10.5.8 to snow leapord
10.8 he said it had to do 2 updates after 2 hours of trying he said my dvd drive didnt work and he couldnt update it

when i got the laptop back everything looked the same all my applications and everything was there but NOTHING 3RD PARTY WORKED!! My itunes Wont Load \, flash player doesnt work, firefox doesnt work i tried deleting and redownloaing and it STILL DOESNT WORK!! i tried repairing my disk DOESNT WORK!! and when i open disk utility it says

"This version of Disk Utility may quit unexpectedly because it’s not designed for the version of Mac OS X on this computer’s startup disk.

Choose File > Quit, and use the version of Disk Utility on your startup disk, located in the Utilities folder of the Applications folder. Or you can start up this computer with another disk and use the version of Disk Utility on that disk."

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ( i also tried logging in as a differnt user and putting the computer in safe mode NONE OF THAT WORKS)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.