Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 3, 2013, 05:12 AM   #1
mitevpi
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Is this a good deal on a rMBP 13"? (Late 2012)

Here is the link from MacMall:
http://www.macmall.com/p/product~dpn...43~pdp.iadfdhc

It looks like it's part of the late 2012 batch. What is the difference between them and the early 2013 rMBPs? Anything significant besides the 0.1GHz bump in the processor?

Last edited by mitevpi; Jul 3, 2013 at 05:36 AM.
mitevpi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 06:01 AM   #2
DragoniteD
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitevpi View Post
Here is the link from MacMall:
http://www.macmall.com/p/product~dpn...43~pdp.iadfdhc

It looks like it's part of the late 2012 batch. What is the difference between them and the early 2013 rMBPs? Anything significant besides the 0.1GHz bump in the processor?
$200~$300 drop in price. New one is cheaper
DragoniteD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 08:33 AM   #3
mitevpi
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoniteD View Post
$200~$300 drop in price. New one is cheaper
The new one WITH education pricing and similar stats is 1800...how is that cheaper:

http://store.apple.com/us_edu_67059/configure/ME662LL/A
mitevpi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:10 AM   #4
KylePowers
macrumors 68000
 
KylePowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitevpi View Post
Here is the link from MacMall:
http://www.macmall.com/p/product~dpn...43~pdp.iadfdhc

It looks like it's part of the late 2012 batch. What is the difference between them and the early 2013 rMBPs? Anything significant besides the 0.1GHz bump in the processor?
2012's were prone to ghosting and image retention issues. 2013's supposedly fixed that.

Also, if you're keen on saving money, wait a month or two until the [Haswell] 2013's launch and the 2012's will drop another ~100 or 2
KylePowers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:36 PM   #5
mitevpi
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylePowers View Post
2012's were prone to ghosting and image retention issues. 2013's supposedly fixed that.

Also, if you're keen on saving money, wait a month or two until the [Haswell] 2013's launch and the 2012's will drop another ~100 or 2

I've been waiting like 6 months for that thing and to be honest I don't think it's coming out till October, I start graduate school before that and I need a machine.
mitevpi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 01:45 PM   #6
InfinitiG
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitevpi View Post
I've been waiting like 6 months for that thing and to be honest I don't think it's coming out till October, I start graduate school before that and I need a machine.
better off getting a new air go for a i7/8gb
__________________
2014 MBP 15' 2.2/16gb
InfinitiG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 03:27 PM   #7
mitevpi
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiG View Post
better off getting a new air go for a i7/8gb
I'm an architect and graphic designer...dat display...
mitevpi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trade mid-2012 15" cMBP for late-2012 13" rMBP DarkSel MacBook Pro 10 May 28, 2014 04:46 PM
Cooling, late 2012 vs late 2013 13" rMBP timsaxman MacBook Pro 3 Jan 21, 2014 08:42 AM
Would a skin for 2012 rMBP 13" fit the late 2013 rMBP 13"? andyACEcandy MacBook Pro 3 Dec 8, 2013 08:56 PM
Good deal on 2012 rMBP? SwaggMuffin MacBook Pro 11 Jul 21, 2013 05:26 PM
Price Advice: Good deal? - 15" used rMBP (2012) Liquinn Buying Tips and Advice 1 Apr 2, 2013 07:22 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC