Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
Hi,

since yesterday I don't get notification banners for email anymore.

Once an email is received (via push) I get the notification sound, the icon badge and the symbol in the statusbar (from OpenNotifier) but no banner pop-up.
Changing notification settings from banner to alert style doesn't help - no pop-ups will appear.
This also affects the lockscreen as no alert bubbles will show up on lockscreen when email arrives.

Apart from email, notification banners and pop-ups are working properly on all other applications such as Calendar, iMessage and 3rd party apps.

All kinds of changes in the settings (with and without rebooting the iPad) didn't help.

Does anyone know where to find the corresponding plist to check the actual notification settings?

Or any other clue how to solve this?

Thanks,
Henry

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Hi,

since yesterday I don't get notification banners for email anymore.

Once an email is received (via push) I get the notification sound, the icon badge and the symbol in the statusbar (from OpenNotifier) but no banner pop-up.
Changing notification settings from banner to alert style doesn't help - no pop-ups will appear.
This also affects the lockscreen as no alert bubbles will show up on lockscreen when email arrives.

Apart from email, notification banners and pop-ups are working properly on all other applications such as Calendar, iMessage and 3rd party apps.

All kinds of changes in the settings (with and without rebooting the iPad) didn't help.

Does anyone know where to find the corresponding plist to check the actual notification settings?

Or any other clue how to solve this?

Thanks,
Henry

Try running it in safe mode to see unit still persist. If it does then find the bad tweak.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
Settled...

I went into safe mode, but before starting to check for problem causing tweaks I (fortunately) checked the notifications settings.

And guess what, the mail settings showed the pop-ups set to 'none' and view in lockscreen 'off'.
Settings of all other apps where same as in 'normal' mode.

So I changed mail settings to pop-up 'banners' and view in lockscreen 'on' and exit safe mode.

Everything's running properly again since.

No idea what initiated the mail notification settings to turn off and what impeded any alteration in 'normal' mode - but as long as it keeps running I don't care at all ;)

Henry

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I went into safe mode, but before starting to check for problem causing tweaks I (fortunately) checked the notifications settings.

And guess what, the mail settings showed the pop-ups set to 'none' and view in lockscreen 'off'.
Settings of all other apps where same as in 'normal' mode.

So I changed mail settings to pop-up 'banners' and view in lockscreen 'on' and exit safe mode.

Everything's running properly again since.

No idea what initiated the mail notification settings to turn off and what impeded any alteration in 'normal' mode - but as long as it keeps running I don't care at all ;)

Henry

Well done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.