Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Moviefone has shared a new movie poster for the Ashton Kutcher's Jobs film. The poster features the tagline "Some see what's possible, others change what's possible."

jobsposter.jpg
"Some see what's possible, others change what's possible" are the words sprawled across this exclusive poster for "Jobs," which features a nearly unrecognizable Ashton Kutcher.

Kutcher is utterly transformed into late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs in the colorful new poster (below). Sporting Jobs's signature round-framed glasses and beard, the actor certainly looks the role.
Jobs is set for an August 16th wide release.

Update: Open Road Films has also released several new stills from the film showing Kutcher as Jobs and Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak.

kutcher_jobs_walking.jpg

kutcher_jobs_woz_apple_i.jpg
Thanks, samcraig!

Article Link: Colorful New Movie Poster Released for Ashton Kutcher's 'Jobs'

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
My first impressions of this film weren't high, but the recent trailer genuinely looks excellent. Really looking forward to seeing this, and from the clips I've seen, Kutcher does play an excellent Jobs (well, at the very least, he looks a lot like him!) :D

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003
Looks just like the false color images I used to be able to get with my Computereyes video capture card on my Apple ][.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Kutcher is utterly transformed into late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs in the colorful new poster (below). Sporting Jobs's signature round-framed glasses and beard, the actor certainly looks the role.

Transformed until he opens his mouth :p But I do hope this is a good movie and I'll go see it no matter what the reviews are. How many movies are there about the technology industry?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I guess I'll say it before someone says it..."Inspired by iOS 7." lol

ferdinandcc

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2011
Caloocan City, Philippines
I've gotta hand it to them, this is a great looking poster. I'm not in love with the typography (loosen up the tight linespacing and give the elements a bit more room to breathe!), but the trippy '70s look fits in great with Jobs' acid-dropping history. I'm not optimistic the movie will be any good, but I'm hopeful now that it'll at least be slightly better than I've imagined it being.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Transformed until he opens his mouth :p But I do hope this is a good movie and I'll go see it no matter what the reviews are. How many movies are there about the technology industry?

I wouldn't say "utterly transformed."

More like "Someone who's always looked an awful lot like a young Steve Jobs was given the same hairstyle and glasses."

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
I wouldn't say "utterly transformed."

More like "Someone who's always looked an awful lot like a young Steve Jobs was given the same hairstyle and glasses."

That's my point ;) I wouldn't say that either but that is what's quoted. Not sure if it's from the movie poster (I don't see it) or from the story.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
I already know "Woz" acts and looks nothing like Woz did. :/

Let's hope it's not a movie so shallow that they've focused on getting Jobs' looks and aggressive personality right and then called it a day. There's so much more to it than that.

yablochnik

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
You gotta admit, Kutcher looks a lot like Steve.
ashton-steve-jobs-side-by-side.jpg

Not so sure about his acting skills though.

ProVideo

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
My first impressions of this film weren't high, but the recent trailer genuinely looks excellent.

A well edited trailer can make anything appear interesting and a lot better than it actually is. From the looks of it, they did a haphazard job in pre-production and production. Now they are having to spend more on post-production and marketing in order to hide the fact that it's mediocre tripe with the main purpose of cashing in on Steve Jobs' death before the authorized film is released.

I will be surprised if the final product is anything but movie of the week quality.

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
you get the idea....

attachment.php

it seems the new coloured iphones stem from the original apple logo too. goes along with the whole theme of company identity they have established recently including the commercials (minus the white)

Attachments

• steve.png
    steve.png
    703.5 KB · Views: 22,219
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.