Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
I use gmail, and the mail app doesn't seem to want to fetch new emails, even though I have it set to fetch every 15 minutes.

Last night, I received no emails through Mail. When I manually checked my mail, I had missed several.

Anyone having issues with Mail simply not automatically fetching?

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
I use gmail, and the mail app doesn't seem to want to fetch new emails, even though I have it set to fetch every 15 minutes.

Last night, I received no emails through Mail. When I manually checked my mail, I had missed several.

Anyone having issues with Mail simply not automatically fetching?

I have exact same issue. Was fine in Beta 1. I wonder if deleting/re-adding the account will help, but I'm too lazy.

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
I have exact same issue. Was fine in Beta 1. I wonder if deleting/re-adding the account will help, but I'm too lazy.

Same thing with me. I deleted and re-added my account and it seemed to fix it.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Had the same exact issue. I think it's the auto setup when you select Gmail when you add the account. So the way I fixed it is to setup Gmail using the "Other" option in Settings ---> Mail ---> Add Account

Then use the following:

Incoming Mail Server:
Host: imap.gmail.com
User Name: your gmail.com email address
Password: Your password

Outgoing Mail Server
Host: smtp.gmail.com
User Name: your gmail.com email address
Password: Your password

You can do the same for any non-exchange supported Google Apps account, ie. free ones.

Remember to double check your fetch and notification center settings as they default to manual and off.

typecase

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
This happened to me. Cannot get it to fetch new email from the server. Worked and then stopped working in beta 2, same in Beta 3. Is there a quick fix for this?

It Is James

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2013
Washington
Try these things -

• Kill mail process and relaunch
    Reboot device
    Disconnect and reconnect to your data network
    Resetup your account
    Check the mail servers to see if they're correct

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Mail is goofy on Beta 3. Even my push exchange e-mails sometimes won't come through until I open the mail app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.