Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deviance

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
hey all,

I used to have a triple head 2 go for work, but no longer have access to one.
I'm tempted to get three external monitors given current prices - but wanted to know what the most cost effective solution would be to run three from a 2013 MBA?

I've read some reviews on USB > DVI converters, but would a MBA run them three of them effectively from a splitter? I'm guessing not ...

Just FYI - it's not for super high res gaming or anything ...

mattferg

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2013
hey all,

I used to have a triple head 2 go for work, but no longer have access to one.
I'm tempted to get three external monitors given current prices - but wanted to know what the most cost effective solution would be to run three from a 2013 MBA?

I've read some reviews on USB > DVI converters, but would a MBA run them three of them effectively from a splitter? I'm guessing not ...

Just FYI - it's not for super high res gaming or anything ...

If you're buying monitors, get thunderbolt ones you can daisy chain and run all off one thunderbolt port on the MBA. I think you can do that, anyways.

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I am also looking for confirmation that two TB displays can be daisy chained to the MBA. Anyone?

iterva

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Sweden
I was intrested in this setup myself, and after some searching my understanding is that to be able to run 3 displays with MBA you would need to use (due to limitations on the thunderbolt chipset used in MBA):
2 displays with thunderbolt daisy chain
1 display through a USB to HDMI/DVI adapter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.