Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jul 4, 2013, 04:20 AM   #1
theEconomist
macrumors regular

Copy files into sub-directory in list view

Suppose you have multiple files on a USB stick.

You'd like to copy them into /Users/user/myDirectory/target.

Using list view at the level /Users/user/myDirectory, can I paste these multiple files directly into the target directory without having to double click target and thereby advancing my list view into the target directory itself?

Obviously, highlighting target and then Cmd+V will paste all items into myDirectory and not target.

I dedicate one space to a huge Finder window. It's in List View, and I recurse the directories from ~/. I get somewhat irritated when I have to go in and out of directories to copy files between sub-directories.

Many thanks
theEconomist is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help