Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John Adams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
Fort Worth, TX USA
I hope I worded that title correctly. I got a new MBP to replace my 2010. It was completely unnecessary as my wife keeps reminding me, but that's another topic.

On the 2010 I made a new admin profile, deleted my user profile that I had been using al this time, logged out of iCloud, deleted all previous user files, wiped the free space clean so there is no trace of me on the 2010.

However, When I open Safari on my new 2012 or my iPad or iPhone, It still shows the last tabs open on my 2010 under "John's MBP." From the pad and phone I can see my new 2012 as "MBP Retina" which is what I named it, and the old "John's MBP" as well.

How on earth do I get rid of the old 2010 stuff??? I've looked everywhere.

Thanks

JA

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Did you sign into your Apple ID account with the same as before, I assume you would? Go to System Preferences and then iCloud to check, and look to see if you have Safari checked in there. If it is checked, unchecking it should stop the syncing of bookmarks across all your devices which are signed in with the same account.

John Adams

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
Fort Worth, TX USA
Did you sign into your Apple ID account with the same as before, I assume you would? Go to System Preferences and then iCloud to check, and look to see if you have Safari checked in there. If it is checked, unchecking it should stop the syncing of bookmarks across all your devices which are signed in with the same account.

But I want the bookmarks synced that are on my new computer, I'm just wondering why I still see the ones from my old computer when I deleted my user info on there and logged out of iCloud completely.

iPhonesandMacs

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
But I want the bookmarks synced that are on my new computer, I'm just wondering why I still see the ones from my old computer when I deleted my user info on there and logged out of iCloud completely.

wait 7 days, after 7 days of no use, the tabs will disappear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.