Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosrocket

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I'm posting this for a friend. She is running OS X 10.4.11 and Safari 3.0.4. Starting a few days ago whenever she opens Safari she just gets a constant spinning beach ball and no web page will load. She tried clearing the cache and verifying and repairing permissions but that has not worked to resolve the problem. She said she has done all of her software updates as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions for her that might solve this issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
It's strange that this became a problem only a few days ago. I would expect that with an OS and Safari version that old, it would have been an intermittent problem for quite some time now. The best solution would be to upgrade Safari, which will require upgrading the OS version since all updates have been applied, which might in turn require upgrading the computer itself. This problem is not going away, and will never get better, only worse as time marches on.

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
Might be time to delete Safari, reinstall and update to 3.0.4. That's helped some people: Joy at last: Deleted all copies of Safari and downloaded MacOSX Combo update and Safari 3.0.4 is up and running (including the Debug add-on).
I use an old copy of Firefox on my 400MHz iMac, 10.4.11 music server in the basement. Don't surf often down there, but last I checked it still works.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.