Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 6, 2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Jonnyfive
macrumors regular

I have an idea of what I want to make/do but not sure of what application will do it

I need some application expertise!

I have a vision of something that I want to create, but I am not sure what tool I can use to actually make this.

Basically I want to create a layout like the one below, with a snipit of the content and it link to the full content when clicked.

The content I will arrange in the link will not be links in the web (like the example above shows) it will be created by myself.

Requirements:
  • I want it to be a self contained file that anyone can easily view or ideally print off if they would like. (Example: The first page could act like a table of contents but in the form of the screenshot above, each article listed could link to a page within the document).
  • The ability to share with specific and targeted people (not out on the web for the whole world to see).

Is there an application that I can do this in?
I would love to use iWork and export as a .pdf for this but I don't believe it will allow me to create links within the document aside from a traditional table of contents.

Last edited by Jonnyfive; Jul 6, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
Jonnyfive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 03:15 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

I think you can do this in Pages. When you add a hyperlink, there should be a drop down menu that lets you make it a bookmark. That should export fine to a PDF too.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Jonnyfive
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I think you can do this in Pages. When you add a hyperlink, there should be a drop down menu that lets you make it a bookmark. That should export fine to a PDF too.
Thank you for the suggestion.

I had a look through the hyperlink options and linking within the document isn't possible there.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:07 AM   #4
onekerato
macrumors regular

How about using PowerPoint or Keynote? Can link from one cover-page slide to others? Grid layout is also easy.

Jose

Last edited by maflynn; Jul 8, 2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: self promotion
onekerato is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2013, 09:32 PM   #5
Jonnyfive
macrumors regular

Great suggestion. I will give Keynote a try!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
advice, question