Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imnew09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2013
I'm trying to unlock my iphone 5 that I bought in Mexico from the company Telcel; however, they are not unlocking it for me. Is there any other way I can unlock it? I want to use it in the U.S

WiiDsmKR69

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
I'm trying to unlock my iphone 5 that I bought in Mexico from the company Telcel; however, they are not unlocking it for me. Is there any other way I can unlock it? I want to use it in the U.S

What was their reasoning for not unlocking it?

imnew09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2013
What was their reasoning for not unlocking it?

I went and they said they don't do unlocking service.. I'mma try go to again in the upcoming week. This really blows considering I'm moving to the U.S soon and I don't want to buy another phone.

I tried looking for 3rd parties unlocking services online, but i'm not sure which one is legit.

FlyUnlock.com

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
I went and they said they don't do unlocking service.. I'mma try go to again in the upcoming week. This really blows considering I'm moving to the U.S soon and I don't want to buy another phone.

I tried looking for 3rd parties unlocking services online, but i'm not sure which one is legit.

I don't think there is a third party service that would unlock Telcel. I think Telcel is not going to unlock it due to the fact it is relatively new (iPhone 5), thus still under contract.

alastairhall

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
Unlocking Iphone5 Telcel?

Better to contact your carrier and try to resolve your problem. No one can unlock your phone until it is in under contract with your current carrier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.