Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Campbellot

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Anyone do this yet? Could you please share your experience with beta 3 on this device. Thanks.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
So far not nearly as stable as beta 2. Even went with a clean install .

iMessage is buggy
Email and text messages reading wrong notifications
Photo stream crashes photos app
iPad won't connect to wifi until I put in my passcode
No weather info in notification

Campbellot

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
so far not nearly as stable as beta 2. Even went with a clean install .

Imessage is buggy
email and text messages reading wrong notifications
photo stream crashes photos app
ipad won't connect to wifi until i put in my passcode
no weather info in notification

ugh!!!

Willdr1991

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2012
For me its the complete opposite of you guys on here, beta 2 was usable but had a lot of lag and stutter and would respring a lot. Beta 3 is SO MUCH BETTER, its much smoother and usability is much more improved. Since noticing how stable and reliable it is I'm going to jump the gun and install beta 3 on my iPhone 5. i guess you just have to take your chances. You might have zero problems with it.

Slava

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2006
For me its the complete opposite of you guys on here, beta 2 was usable but had a lot of lag and stutter and would respring a lot. Beta 3 is SO MUCH BETTER, its much smoother and usability is much more improved. ...

Same for me. Beta 3 is noticeably better and more stable.

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
Beta 3 is way better then beta 2 was on my iPad 3.

----------

So far not nearly as stable as beta 2. Even went with a clean install .

iMessage is buggy
Email and text messages reading wrong notifications
Photo stream crashes photos app
iPad won't connect to wifi until I put in my passcode
No weather info in notification

I have none of these problems aside from photo stream on my iPad 3

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Beta 3 is way better then beta 2 was on my iPad 3.

----------

I have none of these problems aside from photo stream on my iPad 3

I fixed my iMessage bug by unchecked my @icloud.com . Still reading wrong amounts for emails and texts no matter what. But location and weather working fine.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I agree beta 3 is MUCH better for me on my iPad 3. Beta 2 was unusable. Both setup as clean installs. Odd there are such big differences in experiences.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Seems more usable. Wifi hasn't cut out yet, beta 2 cut wifi every 5 minutes. Typing also seems faster with Beta 3.

Only major issue so far seems to be with iPhoto. If you go to your album view, selecting any album (not just photo stream) crashes the app. However, if you are in the "photos" tab, and viewing all photos, it works fine.

DrJOnes666

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2013
Photo Stream Crashes photos app

I didn't test much yet, but iOS 7 BETA 3 crashes my photos app every time I try accessing the PHOTO STREAM. I did the incremental update, and when the crash occured, I did a fresh install. Same problem in both cases.

I can't speak for the rest of the funtions yet.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Been very unimpressed with keyboard responsiveness. I have a feeling apple does this intentiallu with devices over a year old.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Been very unimpressed with keyboard responsiveness. I have a feeling apple does this intentiallu with devices over a year old.

Keyboard responsiveness is one of the biggest beta casualties. Every beta that I've used, all the way back to iOS 4 I think has had terrible keyboard response. This is one of those things that gets worked out in the GM but it's laggy in the betas (likely due to some logging or something).

As for beta 3 it has been leaps and bounds better for me. Beta 2 was really really slow and had a slew of bugs, beta 3 is a lot better but still nowhere near the iPhone build yet.

seanathon

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2013
Ca-Tx
I've been using b3 on my iPad 3 for about a day now, and overall, it seems more stable than b2. Like others, though, trying to access the camera roll and photostream from the photo app causes crashes.

I also experience crashes when trying to email or iMessage a photo (camera roll or photostream) from the mail or iMessage app.

Videos and panoramas are still working correctly.

I haven't experienced this issue on my other devices running b3

spencecb

Suspended
Nov 20, 2003
It seems much better for me as well. It hasn't crashed on me yet and feels much more stable. All the animations and transitions are much more smooth as well.

One thing that still doesn't work for me is when I'm on the home screen, and I touch a folder in the dock, it doesn't zoom into it as it does if it's a single app or a folder on the home screen. It just jumps to it. I assume this isn't what the final version would look like, as that makes it inconsistent from the visual display of how the rest of it works. Happening to anyone else?

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I installed Beta3 on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 (ATT) this afternoon.

Love it on my phone but couldn't wait to downgrade to ios6 on my pad.

Everytime I even searched for a purchased app, it would crash to the home screen.

The Chrome icon was messed up.

PvZHD would crash.

Everything was all around sluggish.

iPhone 5 = very usable.
iPad3 = feels like an unstable beta

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here

Definitely not the case. There's not much keyboard lag if any on the iPhone 4 with iOS 6.

And as somebody else mentioned, this is still a beta. It would be like me judging your sense of style halfway through you getting dressed.

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
Definitely not the case. There's not much keyboard lag if any on the iPhone 4 with iOS 6.

And as somebody else mentioned, this is still a beta. It would be like me judging your sense of style halfway through you getting dressed.

Agreed though it is a bit concerning it appears to be lagging the stability on the iPhone side of the ecosystem by so much.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Agreed though it is a bit concerning it appears to be lagging the stability on the iPhone side of the ecosystem by so much.

Yep. The iPad betas clearly have a more involved process ahead of them, that's for sure. Pretty sure it's because they didn't start putting resources into iPad optimization until late in the game. It should all work out by the official release, of course.

Zeroleonheart

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
Yep. The iPad betas clearly have a more involved process ahead of them, that's for sure. Pretty sure it's because they didn't start putting resources into iPad optimization until late in the game. It should all work out by the official release, of course.

I agree with this 100%. I feel like the difference between B2 and B3 on the iPad is pretty big. We have 2 whole months to go! Think of the changes! Think of the polish! Think of the children!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.