Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

izzyrhoads

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Hi everyone, i have a problem with a G4 Digital Audio, the computer does the normal mac start-up sound but there is no image i've tried with other screens and no image, the computer hasan't been used in 10 years, its still in a studio with no humidity problems or heat problems and i can't get it to work.

Can anyone help me please

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Try reseating the video card. If that doesn't work, the video card may need replacing.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Open it up, take out the video card, put it back in again. You'll need a screwdriver.

MysticCow

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2013
the video card has 2 vga's output's is it normal on these computers?

Mine has the stock card in it, and it has ADC and VGA. Mactracker says the stock cards had 1 ADC and 1 VGA. Yours is likely an upgraded graphics card.

Turn off the computer, open her up, take the graphics card out, and then place it back in. Just be careful not to yank so hardly that you mess up the fan or anything else vital--gentle pressure is the key.

izzyrhoads

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Mine has the stock card in it, and it has ADC and VGA. Mactracker says the stock cards had 1 ADC and 1 VGA. Yours is likely an upgraded graphics card.

Turn off the computer, open her up, take the graphics card out, and then place it back in. Just be careful not to yank so hardly that you mess up the fan or anything else vital--gentle pressure is the key.

il try it tomorrow but thanks y'all i hope it works because i really want to start recording!!

izzyrhoads

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
What exactly will it be used for? Do you know the software that is on it?

It will be used to record Guitars;bass and vocals
The only program i know that is in there is pro tools v5 the full package for a REAL studio

----------

It will be used to record Guitars;bass and vocals
The only program i know that is in there is pro tools v5 the full package for a REAL studio

I am also looking for an amp farm for this computer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.