Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nim6us

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
I was connecting fine previously, I've got two other Windows computers in the house. I had to reset the PRM and SMC, and I don't believe in coincidences, now for some reason I can't connect to my Windows computers. The internet works, I can RDC into them, they even show up under my Servers area. However when I click on either of them it tries to connect and then times out. Very frustrating, I don't know what I broke, please help.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
I can RDC into them, they even show up under my Servers area. However when I click on either of them it tries to connect and then times out. Very frustrating, I don't know what I broke, please help.

You've tried Go->connect to server->SMB://(computer name) ??

nim6us

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
@squeeks Yes I tried that method as well same result, as well as the faithful, shutdown and restart.. no dice.

As some additional information, when I'm in the Server window when it's trying to connect if I click "Connect As" it's non-responsive. Again, frustrating because it was working great!

nim6us

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
No replies either mean the problem is incredibly complex and no one knows the answer, or the problem is very simplistic and people aren't even wasting time to address it. I'll test again when I get home, I hope it's the latter. ;)

Yahooligan

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2011
Illinois
Try connecting to them via IP address instead of hostname, see if that makes any difference. If that works then you'll know it's something to do with hostname resolution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.