Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluebird3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
if you had three older models( one Power Mac, two Mac book.all from between 2002 to 2009) that's perfectly functioning,what's the best way to get the full benefit of them? I guess I'm trying to down size into one, but want to make sure if I want to get rid if the other two.

any idea to what I can do with them ? I also know that they no longer support current OS system and plug Ins for certain Web site but I feel those are minor concern for me. I use my compute r for simply emailing, music, photo organizing, Web, paying bills, etc.. just personal stuff.

PajamaPants

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
Well, I just have a 2008 iMac, but if I had spare ones I would probably set them up as a media center for music, photos and movies. Check Plex out, it is free and easy to use.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
My oldest (somewhat current) Mac is a G4 Mac mini. It's powered off at the moment but works whenever I bother to switch it on. I had a used Quadra 6xx for tinkering but got rid of it some years ago. My newest Mac is a late 2011 hires antiglare 15 in MBP. Our family owns multiple Macs in between.

Recently my wife's late 2006 mac mini died (won't power on) and I swapped in another machine for her.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Only three are in use at the moment.

iMac G4 - This is on my desk. I have it set up to where I can AirPlay my iPad Mini to it with AirServer. The speakers still sound amazing and there's no lag. :D I've also tried the iCloud iWork beta which works pretty nice on it.

Picture%201.png

Power Mac G5 - In the living room, our family machine. The internet and flash works fine on it. Have an old Adobe Suite on it too.

Late 2011 13" MacBook Pro - My bed computer. :rolleyes: Does everything the others can't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.