Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jul 10, 2013, 06:43 AM   #1
apfelkiste2013
macrumors newbie

moving Netboot images to smb-share

Hi guys,

I'm running a MacMini acting as netboot server and want to move all the images to a share on a Windows storage server for data protection and speed purposes. I was trying to place symbolic links to the Images on the windows share under /Library/Netboot/NetbootSP0, but the netboot service is not starting then. I've compared all permissions/acl's and noticed, that I cannot apply special permissions to the share drive. Are there any options to use a share drive with netboot Services. We don't want to add a dedicated storage system to the Mac as we have already a hugh one in place.

BR
Jens
apfelkiste2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking