Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toffa813

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2007
ATX
What's on your wishlist - especially for Mac?

I've kinda started playing on my MBP - recently got Left 4 Dead 2 and the Borderlands Bundleganza and am liking it. I do think I'll primarily play consoles for the foreseeable future. But a little variety and great deals never hurt anybody.

Enjoy: http://store.steampowered.com/

Red Cube

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2013
Iowa
What's on your wishlist - especially for Mac?

I've kinda started playing on my MBP - recently got Left 4 Dead 2 and the Borderlands Bundleganza and am liking it. I do think I'll primarily play consoles for the foreseeable future. But a little variety and great deals never hurt anybody.

Enjoy: http://store.steampowered.com/
Getting these (so far)

COD4
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Proteus
Borderlands 2
Super Hexagon
Counter-Strike: Source
Cortex Command
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Battlefield 2: Complete Collection

EmaDaCuz

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2012
I haven't decided yet. Not much time to play lately, but I will definitely get the Arkham City and Dirt Pack.
Thinking of Expeditions: Conquistador

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Borderlands2 won the vote for "Community Choice" so in 20 minutes its going on sale for $10.20 !!

Borderlands2 - 41%
Dishonored - 37%
Farcry3 - 22%

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I've been wanting to try Endless Space out since launch, for $11 I now have a pretty good excuse.

greatm31

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2001
Just picked up Left for Dead 2 and Dark Souls (windoze unfortunately but I loved it on PS3 and want to try the expansion)

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Got Borderlands2 & Borderlands2 Season Pass (Didn't realize they had season pass on sale too, nice surprise.) for $10.20 each.

On sale about another 5 hours.

sholzer

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2013
I picked up Borderlands 2 and Civilization 5 gold edition last night/this morning.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Picked up the first four Tomb Raiders since they were £1.70 each. Lost my discs for these ages back and I've always been meaning to revisit them.

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
Ok so now I'm happy, so i bought the surgeon simulator 2013 and on my wallet i stay with 3,60€ after that i was playing the game and some card drop, i check it to see what is and was a foil, i manage to sell to 2,5€ and now i have 6€ :D

Celtic Warrior

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Toronto, ON
I have purchased Max Payne 3 which was offered 50 % off. Although it is not opened on steam, probably there's issue about steam or game that is stopped on launch screen. Have you ever encountered that problem ?

Also Witcher 2 is just dropped 5 $ for a while, I strongly recommend you to get that if you did not play it yet.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I have purchased Max Payne 3 which was offered 50 % off. Although it is not opened on steam, probably there's issue about steam or game that is stopped on launch screen. Have you ever encountered that problem ?

Also Witcher 2 is just dropped 5 $ for a while, I strongly recommend you to get that if you did not play it yet.

The Max Payne port is supposedly a mess. Might want to just Bootcamp it if you can.

Also, for next time, wait and get games only when they are daily or flash deals. Max Payne will surely be 75% off before the sale is over.

Celtic Warrior

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Toronto, ON
The Max Payne port is supposedly a mess. Might want to just Bootcamp it if you can.

Also, for next time, wait and get games only when they are daily or flash deals. Max Payne will surely be 75% off before the sale is over.

Probably, even though it is still ambiguous that predict when it will get discount next

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Getting these (so far)

COD4
Proteus
Borderlands 2
Super Hexagon
Cortex Command

How much was Superbrothers? It is an iOS port or is it optimized for the Mac?

----------

Getting these (so far)

COD4
Proteus
Borderlands 2
Super Hexagon
Cortex Command

Also, would it be possible to purchase games now but download them later. Let's say I don't have a computer right now but I can use my Steam account on a friend's computer to buy whatever games I want. As long as their tied to my account I shouldn't have a problem downloading them later once I get a computer correct?

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Best way to do this would be to purchase them from the Steam website directly. No need to have the client installed.

Thanks for the reply, that's what I'll do. So basically I can buy them from the website and they'll be available for download once I log into the client?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.