Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pollybrowne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
I've been running a lot of the newer LS themes that extend the device by using clockhide and getting that whole big bar out of there, but I've noticed now that my LS notifications look ill-positioned without that bar they are just kind of floating half way up the screen.

So I wondered if there was any tweak that allowed you to choose where LS notifications are positioned on the lockscreen when they pop-up? (For ex, is there a way you could anchor them to the bottom of the screen, or stack them down from the top of the screen instead of where the clock bar used to be?)

I'd be grateful if anyone has any tips or direction on this! Thanks!

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I've been running a lot of the newer LS themes that extend the device by using clockhide and getting that whole big bar out of there, but I've noticed now that my LS notifications look ill-positioned without that bar they are just kind of floating half way up the screen.

So I wondered if there was any tweak that allowed you to choose where LS notifications are positioned on the lockscreen when they pop-up? (For ex, is there a way you could anchor them to the bottom of the screen, or stack them down from the top of the screen instead of where the clock bar used to be?)

I'd be grateful if anyone has any tips or direction on this! Thanks!

LockHTML 2 is what you need.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I love the idea of LockHTML 2, but it seems to always mess up my notifications. First it was putting them at the very bottom of my screen, so I removed it. I tried it again just a week or so ago and I wasn't getting notifications on the lock screen at all. It may have been my settings, or a conflict with something else, but I couldn't get it sorted out. I wish I could because it is a great tweak.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I love the idea of LockHTML 2, but it seems to always mess up my notifications. First it was putting them at the very bottom of my screen, so I removed it. I tried it again just a week or so ago and I wasn't getting notifications on the lock screen at all. It may have been my settings, or a conflict with something else, but I couldn't get it sorted out. I wish I could because it is a great tweak.

I have used it with great results. Perhaps it's worth another look?

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
I use ClearHighNotifications to let the notifications jump to the top edge of the LS.
Looks perfect on a clean screen (particulary in combination with LSFlatAlerts which moves already the first notification to the top).

But this is just for having the notifications stacked downwards from the very top - no options to configure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.