Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
I have had a late 2011 15" MBP since it came out, but it is getting slower every day. I need to make it FASTER, so how do I get into the EFI so I can monkey around with settings until I have to reset it like I do on my AMD rig. Wasn't there something intell released that allowed EFI access?

alex0002

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2013
New Zealand
When you say "get into EFI", what do you mean? Do you simply wish to mount the EFI partition, install a different EFI bootloader, or something else?

In any case, I doubt the fact that you can't "get into EFI", is the reason your MBP is "getting slower every day".

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
When you say "get into EFI", what do you mean? Do you simply wish to mount the EFI partition, install a different EFI bootloader, or something else?

In any case, I doubt the fact that you can't "get into EFI", is the reason your MBP is "getting slower every day".

To enter the actual firmware with clock settings.

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
To enter the actual firmware with clock settings.

You cannot modify such settings because there is no EFI BIOS menu. If you want to overclock there are third party utilities which work on Leopard and on select systems (i.e. Mac Pro).

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
Thing is, there actually are settings, access to them is just blocked by apple.

Okay let me rephrase that... On a PC, a key code is programmed to access the UEFI settings, so that on boot, you hold a key and go into the UEFI settings. On a Mac, there is no key code programmed to access the settings, so there is no way to go in and change them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.