Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I sent my iPhone 5 out for modification awhile back and used my iP4 during the duration.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and with my iP5 returned was happy to pop my SIM back into it and go about my business. Sure, it is sleeker/faster/brighter/whatever but in all honesty- I missed the iP4 jailbroken to such a remarkable degree, went back a couple of days later and placed the SIM back in.

I have my iP4 set up perfectly, for me. I ran iCleaner Pro and it runs like a charm.
I have %Hook installed so the feel is faster (even more so than the 5).

My theme suits me just fine and little additions like "Fast Photo" and other tweaks that customize the full experience of using my iPhone make using it a joy, even over that of the iPhone5!

Anyone else simply shrug at the suggestion that although the iP5 is sure enough a 'better iPhone' the simple joy of using a jailbroken 4 is sublime?
IMG_0007_zps4c20bb4a.jpg

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Any jailbroken device trumps stock for me--even if the stock device is newer. I've held onto my iPhone 4 as a "just in case" device for that reason; if something happened to kill the jailbreak on my 5, I'd probably go back to the 4 until the next JB came available.

Nice theme, what is it?

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
That's why I haven't updated to a 4S or 5. That bottom exploit means I will ALWAYS have at least a tethered jailbreak. That insurance isn't there with a newer device.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
That's why I haven't updated to a 4S or 5. That bottom exploit means I will ALWAYS have at least a tethered jailbreak. That insurance isn't there with a newer device.

And with SemiTether installed, even if my iP4 goes into a boot, it functions mostly outside of Cydia and a few apps...

The theme is Laguna HD.
There is also a version designed specifically for the iP5 and another for the iPad.

Couple more screen shots with this theme:
SBSettings:
IMG_0008_zps1e1ec047.jpg

BiteSMS:
IMG_0009_zps7a9cc4aa.jpg

plainwhitetay

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
North-east, Indiana
I made the (I realize now, absolutely TERRIBLE) mistake of trying iOS 7 on my iPhone 5, and giving up my jailbreak. I'm now back on iOS 6.1.4 on iPhone 5 and missing the jailbreak VERY much. I've been seriously considering going back to my iPhone 4 as my daily so I can have a jailbreak again.
You really say the speed decrease isn't painfully bad and any other features you miss from the 5?

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
^
Not painful whatsoever, but please keep in mind: I have terrific AT&T reception here- four bars, sometimes five on a regular basis.

Make no mistake, LTE is lightening quick but after a day I don't notice it much and even to a lesser degree, care.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
And with SemiTether installed, even if my iP4 goes into a boot, it functions mostly outside of Cydia and a few apps...

The theme is Laguna HD.
There is also a version designed specifically for the iP5 and another for the iPad.

Couple more screen shots with this theme:
SBSettings:

BiteSMS:

What font is that for biteSMS? Looks nice and neat

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
After having used my iPhone 5 for a couple of days (stock, before the jailbreak was released) I could never go back to my iPhone 4 since it was so S-L-O-W compared to iPhone 5.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I have a jailbroken iPad Mini, a iPhone 5 on iOS 7 beta, and a iPod Touch running stock, I think I have the best of 3 worlds.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I agree with everything the OP said, except that it applies to my jailbroken iPhone 5.

I have nothing to go back to except an HTC Touch Pro. :rolleyes:

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
The only thing that would keep me from going back is LTE. 3G performance has never been that great in my area and LTE made a world of a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.