Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JakobAloudMadge

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2013
I've had my MacBook for about 2 1/2 weeks, and pretty much since the beginning, the charger has been a little odd. About 60% of the time, when I plug in the charger, it won't turn green/orange, anything. I have to unplug it 4-5 times before it recognizes that it's been plugged in, and it starts charging without a problem. I've tried a few different outlets but this happens at all of them. Should I wait more than ten seconds to see if the charger recognizes that it's been plugged in? Any advice? Thanks.

lagisibuk

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
have you try with another charger? it's to indicate what is wrong.
your macbook or only charger unit :D

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
i had the issue but it occured radomly on my 13" cMbp i could not get it to behave the same way at the service center few months later i found my magsafe connector heating up alot and the port melted, apple replaced the port no questions asked.

owensky

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2012
I had this problem also. I took it to the apple store and they wouldn't replace it because they couldn't "reproduce the issue." It doesn't happen all the time but still an annoyance.

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
For me when i would change a charger it would recognize and work on that one but later that charger would not get recognized. Its however best to have them document your complaint to help in future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.