Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:51 AM   #1
bad03xtreme
macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 Music issues

I have some questions about the music app in iOS7. In iOS6 I didn't have any issues with songs playing but w/ iOS7 many of the songs I have just get skipped right over. What do the icons to the right of each song mean?

Some have a circle with a square in it and some have a square with a square inside it, some have no icon at all. Anyone know what the icons represent?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 08:44 AM   #2
sbauzay
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad03xtreme View Post
I have some questions about the music app in iOS7. In iOS6 I didn't have any issues with songs playing but w/ iOS7 many of the songs I have just get skipped right over. What do the icons to the right of each song mean?

Some have a circle with a square in it and some have a square with a square inside it, some have no icon at all. Anyone know what the icons represent?

I am having the same problem. And I see all of a sudden I am 10 gigs over my space limit.
sbauzay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:59 AM   #3
bad03xtreme
macrumors 6502a

Nobody else has any input on this? It's like half my library is useless to me now. Wanting to see what other people are noticing.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:02 PM   #4
willryan42
macrumors regular

I've experienced a few weird things with the Music app.

One time I got what sounds like your problem, where the app started skipping through every song on my library, as if someone was repeatedly hitting the "next song" button as fast as possible.

I've also seen the circle and square symbols, no idea what they mean but whenever they're there I can't play those songs (which is usually almost my entirely library).

I don't use iTunes match or buy music from iTunes, so I don't know what's causing it, or if it's just an iOS 7 bug.

I've been able to fix it by changing my iTunes sync settings to NOT sync any music (deleting it from my phone), and then resync my songs from scratch.
willryan42 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Stupotpot
macrumors member

The circle with the square icon usually shows when downloading music from the cloud- like a status. This normally disappears as the track is downloaded. It sounds like (if the songs aren't playing) they haven't downloaded correctly. It may be a pain but I can only thing deleting content and resetting settings and downloading again may be the best bet.
Stupotpot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:31 PM   #6
bad03xtreme
macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the tips, I will delete all of my music from the phone and try to re-sync everything up.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 03:19 PM   #7
Stupotpot
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad03xtreme View Post
Thanks for the tips, I will delete all of my music from the phone and try to re-sync everything up.
Let me know how you get on
Stupotpot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2013, 03:47 PM   #8
awtryau89
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
I've experienced a few weird things with the Music app.

One time I got what sounds like your problem, where the app started skipping through every song on my library, as if someone was repeatedly hitting the "next song" button as fast as possible.
I have had this same problem but when I was on 6.1.4. I spoke to Apple about it and they said it was a corrupted music file and to do exactly as you stated. I do not think iOS7 is the main culprit though.
awtryau89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2013, 05:15 PM   #9
towg
macrumors regular

The kindest thing you could say about the Music App is that its completely random.

I attempted to use it with some downloaded music when out and about the other day and I was laughing out loud that the invisible man was skipping through my albums and playing his favourite five second snippets of each song.

I'm not complaining as I think the Beta is stable enough to use as a daily driver but the Music app is in a league of its own when it comes to bugs

Should add that I have iTunes Match so perhaps its fine for those without...
towg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 08:59 AM   #10
bad03xtreme
macrumors 6502a

Update: I removed all of my music from the phone and re-synced all of my music and everything is working so far.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:51 AM   #11
sibeba
macrumors newbie

problems with lock screen

if I start playing a long track part way through, and then lock my screen, when I press the home button and then swipe to unlock, the track starts again from the point it first started. really annoying if your listening to a long podcast and then have to scrub though the track to get back to the last point you listened up to.

Also noticed that on the lock screen the timer does not move even though the track is playing - this is the time the track skips back to when you unlock.

Last edited by sibeba; Sep 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: seen new thing
sibeba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:54 AM   #12
eclipse01
macrumors 65816

this happened to me last night, turned out I had to reload all my music on from scratch, I think IOS7 deletes the music and needs it to reload
eclipse01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:08 PM   #13
tgi
macrumors 6502a

I have this song in my music that I cannot delete by swiping, it's not located on my computer either.

I went to Settings > Music > Disabled "Show All Music"

So how do I get rid of this song? I'm assuming it's from iCloud but I disabled showing any songs that aren't on my phone. Therefore I should be able to delete it correct?

Also, if it's from iCloud, how do I disassociate that song or other songs from my account?
tgi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:22 PM   #14
mcfly88
macrumors regular

IMO it's stupid they put show all music on by default, feel like it will confuse a lot of people.
mcfly88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7