Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:36 AM   #1
Etch
macrumors newbie

Restoring backup to new disk config

I have a mid-2010 imac fitted with a 256GB Apple SSD and 1TB HDD. Time Machine is backing up both drives to NAS. The SSD currently holds the OS, Apps, email. The HDD just holds content.

Space on the SSD is running low so I am considering wiping both drives and reconfiguring as a Fusion Drive. If I do this will there be any problems when I try to restore both old volumes with time machine onto the new FD volume ?

I also have a bootcamp volume on the SSD which isn't backed up as it doesn't contain any critical data. I intend to do a new bootcamp installation under the new configuration.

Thanks in advance.
Etch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion