Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Note: Both games on sale at Steam through July 22, 2013 including both games in a package.

WarGame: Air Land Battle

By the makers of War Game: European Escalation, that has a Mac version available to play on Steam, this new release Air Land Battle is Windows only, at least for the time being. For those unfamiliar, it's a RTS game.

What I found was that the solo campaign in European Escalation was so tough, I could not get through one of the early missions, as I recall the 4th or 5th one in sequence, despite multiple attempts. I did not care for the fact that the results of a previous battle carried forward to the next one. Then I got wrapped up in Planetside and World of Tanks and let it lie there.

Now Air Land Battle comes along, is PC only, which in itself won't stop me, my son is bugging me to get it so we can coop, but I'm wondering if anyone is playing and what they think of it as compared to EE?

Thanks!

NEW_wargame_airland_battle-de05.jpg

IGN review
This worries me:
“Steep” doesn't even begin to describe the grade of ALB's learning curve, and the basic tutorials do next to nothing to prep you for the climb.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.