Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vell843

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
Is it something I am missing? I am trying to figure out how to send a calendar invite to someone from the ios 7 calendar.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
when creating a new event it's one of the settings? Just like if it should repeat or not? And all the other normal things you choose?

I get to pick these things when creating a new event; (my iPhone is in Dutch so translated them myself, might be different on your iDevice)

Name
Start
End
Time Zone (if enabled)

Repeat

Invitees

Alarms

Agenda (if multiple are used)

Show as (busy, etc)

URL
Notes

Strang0r

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2012
I see the invitee option on all 3 of my calendars (Gmail, Exchange & iCloud)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374053636.599588.jpg

fortheus

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2012
The calendar must support exchange (eg: outlook.com) in order for it to work.

Google calendar has this feature when they support google sync for free customer but then they pull that feature. Now you will hate google don't you? :D

note: I move to outlook.com since google pull the google sync feature. Outlook.com (for now) is the only free email provider with exchange feature.

iCloud calendar likely have the invite feature as well but they are not exchange based. I prefer full exchange feature.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I use invites to people with outlook from my iCloud-account, always seems to work nicely. Don't know much about those protocols though. :)

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
The calendar must support exchange (eg: outlook.com) in order for it to work.

Google calendar has this feature when they support google sync for free customer but then they pull that feature. Now you will hate google don't you? :D

note: I move to outlook.com since google pull the google sync feature. Outlook.com (for now) is the only free email provider with exchange feature.

iCloud calendar likely have the invite feature as well but they are not exchange based. I prefer full exchange feature.

No. CalDAV to Google Calendars is open source and works fine for sending/receiving calendar invites.

fortheus

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2012
No. CalDAV to Google Calendars is open source and works fine for sending/receiving calendar invites.

We're talking about responding invites from built in calendar app. It doesn't work as per iOS6. If you said it works for iOS7, please attach screenshot so it doesn't mislead the OP

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
We're talking about responding invites from built in calendar app. It doesn't work as per iOS6. If you said it works for iOS7, please attach screenshot so it doesn't mislead the OP

ios6 worked.

ios7 also works. Quick test from my corporate Outlook, to my GMail, accepted from iOS7.

1.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.png

Last edited:

peanuts12345

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
outlook calender

hi Guys

add appointment via outlook to iphone

Cant use the cloud as my PC software is sooo old + PC same

i could do this on io6

what i did was put an appointment in outlook and invite via email (email address was on my iphone)

then open email with the attachment mime-attachments.ics and jobs a good one

now i do the same but wont open the attachement??

lenc

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2013
iOS 7 Calendar Invitee

Can't seem to do a simply invite from event on iOS 7. It was simple on iOS 6. In 7 it wants me to do an email and doesn't automatically put in the event information unless I am missing something. HELP !!!! Am using iphone for this

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Can't seem to do a simply invite from event on iOS 7. It was simple on iOS 6. In 7 it wants me to do an email and doesn't automatically put in the event information unless I am missing something. HELP !!!! Am using iphone for this

Tap the event in Calendar
Tap Edit
Tap Invitees
Enter email addresss

Hh2020

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2013
I have all my accounts' contacts set to green, but Invite is still not working. Is there another fix?

Blippitydar

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
I'm having similar issue. If you open your event to edit, there's an "invitees" line on the same edit screen where you would enter your other event details such as time, location etc. Tap that and it opens a new email prompting you to 'add invitees'. Only thing is, mine opens and let's me add from my contacts who I want to invite, but the mail message it opens give no detail of the event and no option to 'send'. Once I add the invitees, I hit a dead end - I can't figure out how to send it!

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
I'm having similar issue. If you open your event to edit, there's an "invitees" line on the same edit screen where you would enter your other event details such as time, location etc. Tap that and it opens a new email prompting you to 'add invitees'. Only thing is, mine opens and let's me add from my contacts who I want to invite, but the mail message it opens give no detail of the event and no option to 'send'. Once I add the invitees, I hit a dead end - I can't figure out how to send it!

There is no send button. Once you have added the contacts you want, back out of edit and select done. Your contacts are auto notified.

Blippitydar

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
thanks

Ok thanks - I was getting no confirmation or indication that the invite was mailing out, so I CC'd myself on the invite, and when I didn't receive the cc'd invitation in my mail inbox, I assumed it wasn't going out at all. What's actually happening, it appears, is that the iPhone won't let you cc yourself, or "invite" yourself, to your own event.

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
iOS 7 calendar invite

Ok thanks - I was getting no confirmation or indication that the invite was mailing out, so I CC'd myself on the invite, and when I didn't receive the cc'd invitation in my mail inbox, I assumed it wasn't going out at all. What's actually happening, it appears, is that the iPhone won't let you cc yourself, or "invite" yourself, to your own event.

Exactly so. Because, the email address you used to cc yourself on the invite, also happened to be associated with the contact entry selected as the owner of the phone. If you use a different personal email not associated with your iPhone owner contact entry in the address book, it would work.

Last edited:

SpikeDzu

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
No inivite field

Hi, i experience the same problem - I see no invite field in iOS calendar (see the screenshot below). I use Google Exchange account as calendar. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.