Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgm707

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
I have my iPad attached to my Macbook. I hit Delete for a song on the iPad, using iTunes on the Macbook, but nothing happens.

I don't remember this happening before. Any ideas?

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
I have my iPad attached to my Macbook. I hit Delete for a song on the iPad, using iTunes on the Macbook, but nothing happens.

I don't remember this happening before. Any ideas?
I had this happen with an iPhone a few times. The only way I could get rid of the songs was to restore the phone. You might want to try that if nothing else works unless you are jailbroken. The iOS has a few bugs with this for sure.

ewilson6

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2006
Or you could just swipe your finger left to right on the right side of the song name on your iPhone or iPad and hit delete?

davidrellis

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
This happened to me whenever I got my iPhone last year and it was restoring from the iCloud backup.

What happened was that the songs I couldn't delete and kept popping back up were being downloaded from the iTunes app from my phone. All I had to do is wait for those to finish downloading and then I was able to delete them.

Hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.