Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christurbo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Staffordshire, UK
I posted this elsewhere however I suppose there might be some people in here who might have a solution.

I have an iMac Mini Server (used as a desktop only), with all my content and data. I.e. iTunes Library, iPhoto Library, Files, etc, etc.

I have just bought a(nother!) MacBook Air 11" to use when out and about and for business.

I would predominantly use it for internet browsing, emails, VMWare fusion (Windows), etc.
However I would like to edit documents (MS). So I could just use dropbox for that.

The question is if I would like to access other content like iTunes library, and iPhoto library from my Mac Mini Server when out and about how could I do that without duplicating databases? Is there anyway to sync one library between devices?

Thanks,

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
You could use something like LogMeIn Hamachi or Slink to connect to your mac mini at home and then your computer will be available for files over the Internet so documents etc and most importantly iTunes. Hope this is what your looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.