Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larry918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
I've been very happy with my new MBA so far, its a very snappy and lightweight device. However, as of a few minutes ago, my MBA is taking quite long to wake up from sleep. I have no idea what I did, just a while ago it was taking less than a second. Any ideas?

larry918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
For the time being...the problem seems to have fixed itself! Very happy with my MBA again :)

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Mine runs like a dream - best laptop I've ever owned! Lightweight, fast, hell it evens runs SWTOR at medium settings no problem.

The thing is fantastic.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
For the time being...the problem seems to have fixed itself! Very happy with my MBA again :)

Awesome! Great to hear. I disabled my hibernation mode to avoid having an 8GB file being created and chewing up valuable SSD space. Check that article I linked to even if just for the entertainment value.

larry918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
About 3rd party apps, I think I may know what caused the problem. I installed both Caffeine and NoSleep, both which probably messed with my sleep settings. I'm uninstalling NoSleep now.

thompson11

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2009
Were you waking it up after the laptop was asleep for more than 3 hours? If so, it likely went into standby mode which can take a few seconds longer to wake up.

larry918

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2013
Just the opposite...

For example, if I were to move rooms, I would close the lid and plop it down somewhere else. When opening the lid again, it would take 6-7 seconds to show the login screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.