Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jul 17, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1
dwcasey
macrumors member

ipad 2 or ipad mini? wait?

Are we in a wait and see mode now with ipads? I think I saw that ipad 2 would more or less support iOS 7, but some features would not be available...also, I think I saw the iPad 2 would effectively be EOL'd by the end of this year.

Whereas the iPad mini will should be good to go for a few more years.

I'm considering the iPad mini refurb units ( or possibly a couple I've seen local on craigslist ) thinking a little less than $300 would be a good deal.

Should I just wait? Will there be any iPad announcements soon that might push something like the iPad 3 down in price to make it more attractive?

Last edited by dwcasey; Jul 17, 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: tags
dwcasey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 03:01 PM   #2
sonicrobby
macrumors 6502a

Id say wait. The prices would dfinitely drop when the new ones are released. But of the 2, Id say the mini, it has access to a few more features such as Siri, and probably will have more support for features of future iOS updates
Old Jul 17, 2013, 03:05 PM   #3
dwcasey
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicrobby View Post
Id say wait. The prices would dfinitely drop when the new ones are released. But of the 2, Id say the mini, it has access to a few more features such as Siri, and probably will have more support for features of future iOS updates
Thanks. Thinking about your signarture...I wonder when the mini gets iOS 7, if it will make things 'look' better since the detail icons, font, etc will be simplified?
dwcasey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 03:17 PM   #4
sonicrobby
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcasey View Post
Thanks. Thinking about your signarture...I wonder when the mini gets iOS 7, if it will make things 'look' better since the detail icons, font, etc will be simplified?
I do suprisingly like the feel of iOS7 on the mini, but it will look no different than iOS6 in terms of quality. Because the screen is smaller, but the same resolution as the ipad 2, its got more pixels per square inch, and looks better than the iPad 2. But those retina screens... man they are gorgeous!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice