Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwcasey

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Are we in a wait and see mode now with ipads? I think I saw that ipad 2 would more or less support iOS 7, but some features would not be available...also, I think I saw the iPad 2 would effectively be EOL'd by the end of this year.

Whereas the iPad mini will should be good to go for a few more years.

I'm considering the iPad mini refurb units ( or possibly a couple I've seen local on craigslist ) thinking a little less than $300 would be a good deal.

Should I just wait? Will there be any iPad announcements soon that might push something like the iPad 3 down in price to make it more attractive?

Last edited:

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Id say wait. The prices would dfinitely drop when the new ones are released. But of the 2, Id say the mini, it has access to a few more features such as Siri, and probably will have more support for features of future iOS updates

dwcasey

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Id say wait. The prices would dfinitely drop when the new ones are released. But of the 2, Id say the mini, it has access to a few more features such as Siri, and probably will have more support for features of future iOS updates

Thanks. Thinking about your signarture...I wonder when the mini gets iOS 7, if it will make things 'look' better since the detail icons, font, etc will be simplified?

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Thanks. Thinking about your signarture...I wonder when the mini gets iOS 7, if it will make things 'look' better since the detail icons, font, etc will be simplified?

I do suprisingly like the feel of iOS7 on the mini, but it will look no different than iOS6 in terms of quality. Because the screen is smaller, but the same resolution as the ipad 2, its got more pixels per square inch, and looks better than the iPad 2. But those retina screens... man they are gorgeous!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.