Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
What's the consensus here? Should I put my full middle name on my diploma, or only the initial?

For the record, this is my third diploma (long story), and my most recent diploma has my initial. I don't remember what my first diploma had.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Does it matter? My diplomas are in the original envelopes they came on and have never been removed except for when they were first received.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Mine have my full name as it is written on school records. I don't recall having to tell them what I wanted.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Having something fictitious like "Beauregard" put in there (unless your middle name actually IS Beauregard)
Then you will have a great story to tell later in life

Mine are all framed, but are in the closet in a bag
No idea what they have on them, so I wasted my opportunity for a great story

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Having something fictitious like "Beauregard" put in there (unless your middle name actually IS Beauregard)
Then you will have a great story to tell later in life

Mine are all framed, but are in the closet in a bag
No idea what they have on them, so I wasted my opportunity for a great story

Sounds like a bad idea to print anything other than one's legal name on a diploma.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
What's the consensus here? Should I put my full middle name on my diploma, or only the initial?

For the record, this is my third diploma (long story), and my most recent diploma has my initial. I don't remember what my first diploma had.

Congrats!!!

Unless you are displaying it on the wall, it probably doesn't matter except how you want it to read.

Efrem

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2009
If it's your third diploma, there's a good chance you're in a profession where it could be mounted on your office wall at some point. If that's the case, go by what you want visitors to your office to see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.