Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jul 17, 2013, 08:21 PM   #1
tzhu07
macrumors member

Eminem came and went in film

I always thought 8 Mile was a great film, with Eminem doing a really fantastic job. So it kind of surprised me that since then, he has not starred in any other feature film, but not because he was never offered anything else, but because he ultimately declined many roles.

One of which, was Elysium. It eventually went to Matt Damon.

Maybe he just doesn't care to keep doing films unless it's a great opportunity and all the conditions are agreed upon. It certainly seems like he's fine with 8 Mile being his only feature film and he doesn't want to work just to work.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:19 PM   #2
TSE
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzhu07 View Post
I always thought 8 Mile was a great film, with Eminem doing a really fantastic job. So it kind of surprised me that since then, he has not starred in any other feature film, but not because he was never offered anything else, but because he ultimately declined many roles.

One of which, was Elysium. It eventually went to Matt Damon.

Maybe he just doesn't care to keep doing films unless it's a great opportunity and all the conditions are agreed upon. It certainly seems like he's fine with 8 Mile being his only feature film and he doesn't want to work just to work.
Different strokes for different folks.

Eminem was pretty solid in 8 mile, I'll give him that.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 07:56 AM   #3
designs216
macrumors 65816

I guess by the time he appeared in 8 Mile it was more or less an experiment for him, testing the waters. The Hollywood grind may have proved to be more than he is willing to endure again and he certainly does not need the money.
designs216 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 11:25 AM   #4
malman89
macrumors 65816

Plus 8 Mile was about pushing his story through his movie and music. There's no other film project that's going to be half as appealing to him.

I doubt he sees himself in any way as an actor.

Old Machine: Late 2006 Model - 13.3" MacBook, 2 GHz C2D, 4 (3.3) GB RAM, 500 GB 7200rpm HD running OS X 10.6.8
malman89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 05:12 PM   #5
benthewraith
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to benthewraith Send a message via MSN to benthewraith
I just personally cannot see Eminem/Slim Shady in that kind of a role, or any role for that matter outside of a comedy. 8-Mile was well, it was a serious role made for him.
benthewraith is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion